A nonprofit organization for educators, families, and policy makers
(formerly known as Massachusetts Association for Bilingual Education)
Professional Development and Consulting Services
From professional development to technical assistance to embedded consultation and coaching, MABE can work with your dual language education program (PreK – Grade 12 ) to design a solution to meet your specific programmatic needs.
As a nonprofit organization, MABE makes every effort to provide cost-effective and high-quality services that can be tailored to meet your needs.
Programs: Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE), Dual Language Education: Two-Way Immersion (TWI), One-Way Immersion Programs (OWI), Students with Interrupted and Limited and Formal Education (SLIFE) Programs
- Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education, Third Edition, CAL, 2017.
- The Dual Language Program Planner: A Guide for Designing and Implementing Dual Language Programs, Elizabeth Howard, Natalie Olague, David Rogers, CREDE
- Dual Language Education: Answers to Questions from the Field, CAL Practitioner Brief Dual Language Education September 2017
- Massachusetts Guidance
- Guidance for Defining and Implementing TWI Programs, MA DESE 2018 revised with LOOK Act regulations is now available!
- Guidance for Defining and Implementing Two-Way Immersion and Transitional Bilingual Education Programs, MA DESE, 201
Services:Program Implementation and Self-Assessment
Additional Professional Development Topics: Multi-tiered System of Supports/Response to Intervention, Special Education, Early Childhood Language Development and Programs, Assessment, SLIFE, Sheltering Instruction in a Dual Language Classroom, Dual Language Curriculum, Dual Language Coaching and Parent Outreach and Engagement.
Embedded Consultation: Professional Learning Communities, Action Research, Coaching for Administrators and Teachers
Contact PhyllisHardy@mabene.org for further information or to request a specific service.